On June 6 2008, PT Astra Honda Motor (AHM) would launching scooter matic just as the weapon to oppose the domination of his competitor.The rumors that emerged to the surface will be given by name this HONDA BEAT. This motor was twins from Honda Icon the Thai version, had the dimension was smaller than Vario, the engine 108 cc 4–stroke and CVT transmission.
The basis be the same as vario backward the radiator cooler and the addition fitur other but trimming its will not be different far with the Thai version or was adapted to the community's Indonesian appetite. PT AHM the possibility will point scooter matic this with his competitor remembered his design was slenderer backward the radiator cooler so as this motor more became public and the price was pressed costing Rp.11-12 million (USD 1300).
Opponent domination from Yamaha Mio.
Could be guessed by whom that in faced if not Yamaha Mio and Suzuki Spin scooter matic that was in this class? Like submitted by marketing director PT AHM Johannes Loman, “That scooter would more pre-eminently from the competitor but price under Vario”. Market segment of this product which will be taken clear, that is circle consumer of low end scoter.
Following we give information about Specification of Honda BeAt Indonesian version
- Engine : 4 stroke SOHC, air cooled
- Cylinder capacity : 108 cc
- The ratio compression : 9.2: 1
- Bore x stroke : 50 x55 mm.
- Ignition system : DC-CDI
- Start system : electric starting
- Fuel Capacity : 3.5 liter
- Lubricating oil capacity : 0.7 liter
- Transmission system : V - MATIC
- Carrying forward gears rate : 2.68 - 0.85
- W x Lx H : 676 x 1859 x 1053 mm
- Height : 135 mm
- Space of wheel : 130 mm
- Junction front/back wheels : 1,240 mm
- Weight : 89.3 kg
- Front suspension : Telescopic hydraulic
- Rear suspension : Unit swing
- Brake : Disk Brake/Drum Brake
- Front wheels : 80/90 - 14
- Back wheels : 90/90 - 14
- Battery : 12 V - 3.5 Ah
Related topic : Piaggio BV 500, Kymco GD 250 and Kawasaki Athlete 125
Source of engine specification : www.hondagetthebeat.com